From:
Dennis Murrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:06:35 -0700
Hello James and Everyone,

I don't know what I could have done differently to share my observations
and experience with small cell on bee-l. I did not parrot anyones ideas.
Only my observations and mite counts were forwarded. Sometimes my own
speculation was added but was always prefaced with a "maybe" or " I
think", etc. I have shared the results and the liabilities.

I do think for myself and don't need either an institution or movement to
do my thinking for me. I have no vested interest in anything in
beekeeping. I am not employed in beekeeping, don't sell any products. I
am not running for political office or starting any new religions.:>) I
am however indebted to those who have freely shared their ideas about
beekeeping with me. So I have shared here hoping to benefit others as I
have been benefitted.

I did not think that integrity would enter the focus. Why would I falsify
my observations? To prove I'm right? I'm not here to prove anything! To
join my side? I'm not fighting anybody for anything. I have no side.

Questions have been asked. I have attempted to answer them based on my
experiences so you can benefit from my experience and avoid my mistakes.

Now I have some questions. How does one determine what is "bull" before
they put it into their impartial grinder? Did they visit with beekeepers
using and see their bees on small cell? Are they using small cell and
reporting their experiences?  Just what is the "bull" based on? I am not
sure, but the grinder sure has been running overtime.:>(

And what about sliding scales? I interpret these as a request for more
information. By the way, Barry has posted pictures of obviously old,
feral comb from Missouri with small cell sized comb.
www.bee-l.com/biobeefiles/lee/index.htm . Check that off. Next. This
information is not new.

I have seen some proponents of small cell parrot others ideas and
observations as fact without any real experience. I have also seen
opponents of small cell parrot other's ideas in the same manner. Why?

My hope for all this is that somebody else can throw away the nitrile
gloves, toss the calendar and reach into their hives, scope up a piece of
burr comb and freely give it to their kids at anytime without any
regrets.

Dennis Murrell