From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2018 01:36:36 -0400
I apologize if I've lost track of this conversation.  However, there was definitely an argument about whether producers selected for color.

In a message dated 7/24/2018 7:23:27 PM Mountain Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

 a Jerry Bromenshenk snip followed by > my comments...
Peter - We're going to have to agree to disagree on this topic.

I have worked with and toured queen and package producers in just about every US state.  One of the first I saw was in the south.  They prided themselves on showing off by pinching any queen that did not match their exact color preference.  I remember a colleague from a prestigious university stating that he 'begged' them for their rejects.

I've seen producers who bragged on their light or golden Italians or the color of their carnies.  I once got a group of reddish queens from a producer who two years later wondered if I still had any red queens - his customers loved them

> I am not certain I get your message here Jerry? That is you seem to disagree with Peter B. then essentially give example of exactly what he is saying..

> I am just trying to figure out exactly what your message was here...

Gene in CA enjoying the marvelous weather...