From:
Zachary Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:46:42 -0500
Thanks, Ed. Also to others who emailed me privately. Also, I am pleasently
surprised to see 6 users registered in the last 3 days only!

Another advantage of a true database vs plain ascii info on a web is that in
the former the private information (phone #, email) is hidden from search
engines and other programs that automatically "extracts" such info (who then
sells them for profit!).  This is where your junk mails come from. The
"Beebase" will not allow such indexing and hides the info inside a database
file. Of course a persistant spammer can go and search by county or zip code
using my interface, but in general it is not worth their time to do this.

The only problem with my type of database is that it will need to attract
enough users (e.g. pollinator providers) first to be useful for the other
type of users (the pollination seekers).

Zachary Huang
http://beebase.cyberbee.net