From:
The Damons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:14:40 -0400
 I too had this problem and it lead me to try all the other standard
feeding methods. Each ended up having problems of their own, so I kept
coming back to division board feeders, finally coming up with this
solution. I take a piece of 1/4 inch hardware cloth and cut it to the width
of the inside of the feeder and the length is about twice the depth of the
feeder plus 1 1/2 -2  inches. I then fold the length of the cloth in half,
forming a V-shape. I then slide this into the feeder, you should then have
about 3/4 to 1 inch sticking up over the top which I then fold down over
each edge. This edge fold really gives a plastic feeder much more support
and helps to hold its shape. You can then put a large paper clip on to span
the top at the middle, from one side to the other offering even more
support at the top of the feeder. This is really not as time consuming as
it may sound and has worked great for me. I now put one of these feeders in
every brood chamber and leave them there year round, so whenever I need to
feed there is always a feeder ready to use, right where I need it. Feeding
is now hassle free and no drowning problem.

Tim Damon
Ann Arbor, MI