Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:12:41 -0400
I searched the archives and found some threads on this but wanted to verify the latest thinking...

I've got a few supers that are mostly uncapped honey.

I am extracting tomorrow AM.

What can I safely do with this honey?

Can humans consume it without worry?

How will I know if it starts to go bad?  Odor?  Taste?

I read one way to see if it is actually uncapped but cured honey is to hold the frame sideways and give it a shake and see if the liquid comes out of the cells.  If it doesn't, then it is cured.  Is this true?

I have about 50:50 capped to uncapped in my latest boxes.  Can I just mix it all together and expect it to last for a while?

Would freezing it stop it from going bad?

Should I just feed the whole lot back to the bees?  If so, when I dilute it to put it into a feeder, should it be a 1:1 water:honey dilution or should it be more honey or more water?

ANY information about this subject would be appreciated, and soon.  Thanks!

--glen

Natick, MA, USA