From:
"Todd A. Bebb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2014 01:42:05 -0500
I would love to hear advice from any/all of you about how SBBA.org should "evolve".
We are just entering our third year with over 200 backyard beekeeper members currently.
We are mostly "newbees", but feel we have been well mentored by an amazing 40+ yr beekeeper, Paul Cronshaw.
How political should we be considering we get to deal with some of the craziest pesticide, herbicide and fungicide issues in the world? How vocal should we get about the fact that billions of bees are brought to our suburban backyards by commercial "migratory" beeks, "over-wintering" before the 3 week almond bloom each year?
Without setting ourselves out to fall into the "grassroots" stereotyped money grabbing machine, where should we put our energy (besides education)?
I admit that I am new to bees, but it am every bit as passionate about these "sisters" as any of you.
Please help to guide us.
Todd