From:
Glen Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:09:53 -0400
>  How exactly do you install the bees without filling the room? Do I have to
> make up the OB hive in the apiary and then bring in the whole thing to
> install it?

it really helps if the ob. hive is portable if the entire hive will be
inside.  you'll always have bees escaping if you open it indoors.  that's
why many observation hives are build attached to a window or in a window so
you can see them from inside, but access them from outside.

 you also have to keep in mind that most ob hives are temporary meaning that
the bees won't last long.  they are under a lot of stress living with their
hive in the light and you will do a great job if you can get them to live
through the season.  many ob hive keepers don't really try to keep them
through the winter so they replenish in the spring and hope to keep them
going til the fall.

Glen