Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2015 08:05:47 -0500
First, evolution is a large scale long term process. Next, it is essentially undirected.

I have often pondered man's tendency to consider themselves to be separate from the unintelligent world that continues to evolve slowly.  I would suggest that we are part of the grand plan.  Our directing of the selection of honey bees is a part of the larger "meta-plan" - the moving force - of evolution.  We are on for the ride, not separate from the ride.  There are evolutionary forces in humans that push evolution.  We do that as we move over the earth, as we kill AHB, as we select for mite resistance….  Our psyche, our propensities help move evolution - if only as a small part of the whole picture.  I am not sure that is directing it.  It is part of evolution.

Larry Krengel