Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:53:40 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Dose it matter if a sticky is 3000 or 2500 or 4000 ? For scientific publication maybe so. To me for practical reasons what I look for is almost none, 0-4 with a 300 be sample or less than 20 on a sticky.To me that reads everything is OK right now. 5 to 15 or up to 100 keep an eye out or treat depending on season. 15 to 60 or over 500 is an emergency and treat to keep the colony from collapsing. Similar reading to test for efficacy. An accelerated drop should be 10 times the untreated I believe closely following the treatment and down to the 1% range 10 days after the course is complete to show efficacy.

The idea of treating with a 30 second OAV at every hive inspection is compelling. In my management schedule that would be 10 to 12 annually. It would add very little to the work load as Dick points out. Randy's graft shows the same good control. But I have honey supers on from April thru Aug. Removing or blocking the supers is impractical. If the extended release towels are approved what are the moral issues of doing that with OAV?

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2