From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:13:08 -0700
> Actually, I don't see that this confirms that ALL OTC resistant AFB
> originated in Argentina...

Nope, but it is a step in that direction.

Is it just coincidence that the outfits that first came down with SAFB were near
plants that pack Argentine honey?

Once the spores are distributed in an area, it takes several years for them to
predominate.  The problem is that it takes time for beekeepers to realise that
the disease is a new variant of an old scourge.  By then it is out of control.

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/
---
A beautiful woman moved in next door. So I went over and returned a cup of
sugar. "You didn't borrow this." "I will." -- Steven Wright