From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 12:49:09 -0700
If you have access to Internet, you have access to Lists or Newsgroups.
Internet by definition is worldwide.

If you want to argue that if you only have access to a commercial service
like America On-Line and as such have easier access to a Newsgroup, maybe
the arguement holds.  However, I know that several Bee-L members must be
accessing the net via some means other than through an academic or
government feed - whether they have to pay for the access or not, I don't
know.

My concern (and I don't mean it to sound elitist) is not getting swamped
by messages, my concern is that it will split Bee-L, which isn't all that
big (count the names that appear), and that Bee-L will disappear.  Seems
to me Andy's BBS in CA serves the purpose proposed for this USENET, but
as I told Jane, maybe I don't fully understand the distinctions between
Lists, BBS, and USENETS.

Jerry
The dead horse beater