From:
Tim Sterrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 14:24:08 -0400
   I was using plastic inner covers to hold down the grass in front of
colonies. I did not use them on the bees because they warp into a funnel
shape and may drip condensation onto the cluster in the winter time.
   At the same time, I dislike the way lovely, old, wooden inner covers
come apart when the bees glue them to the frames and hive bodies in
spring and summer.
   My minor revelation has been to use plastic inner covers in spring
and summer and wooden ones in winter.
Tim
--
Tim Sterrett