Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:44:18 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
a Charles Linder snip
I have to say I am surprised at the replies.....
>
>Seems to me some strange and well,  lets just say thoughts I don’t agree with. Who am I or are we, to discourage anyone?

My comments..
Perhaps a once in a life time event but I am in agreement with Charles on the topic. Beyond the repeat of this or that beekeeping myth in this thread (ie a hypothesis posted and reposted without any real evidence to back up the claim) what makes anyone here think they know what is best for some one else?

We stared a bee school some years back and we have about 500 attendees each year (yep there I is page 233 of this year's ABJ) and how would I know which of these folks who pluck their money down will or will not succeed at beekeeping? I do think starting folks off young with a mentor (which is what the bee school profit supports) does stand the best chance of passing the skill set of beekeeping on to the next generation. Personally I get great joy when we present engraved hive tools to each years issue of new apprentice.

I do sell a few nucs here and why should I not take anyone's money? If I did pick and choose would that not be a form of bias or prejudice? All of my customers do have my phone number and I do tell them all to give me a call if they have a problem. The bee club also support a facebook page which is an excellent way to assist new beekeepers with their problems and to pat them on their back when they are successful.

Gene Ash

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2