From:
Elizabeth Petofi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:02:11 -0400
> What do the list think of using water rather than smoke when handling
> bees.
> Tom Barrett Dublin Ireland

My thought is a question: would the water get in the honey and cause it
to ferment and make mead?  Someone else on the list suggested using
diluted vinegar.  I have asthma and am allergic to smoke and would
prefer not to use it but also don't want to risk my (very first!) honey
crop.

Elizabeth Petofi, new beekeeper in Orange Virginia