From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 22:37:35 -0700
 Hello All,   I have been having a hard time staying away from some of
the shots taken at some researchers.We are not perfect and we do protect
our rice bowl.We are very blessed with the quality of researchers we have
on honeybees through out the world. I can find something wrong with
everything. We go nowhere with negative. We support the positive and grow
with it.We beekeepers have a lot on our plates right now.We need to find
as much support as we can for all of the researchers. In fighting is a
waist of energy and resources. After writting back and forth to some of
the researchers over the last few months , has me feeling better now then
when I started on this list. Beekeepers are not the only ones that love
the honeybee. If one person helps a hobby beekeeper to get started again
after a loss do to the might it is a good step in the right direction.
 I have written a letter latley , that was not very friendly to a person
who needed a wake up call.The people on this list are interested in
helping the honey bee. She needs all of our help and we need to do it
together.June 1996 ABJ has some very good info in it about the mites anda
look at changes in the law to help out researchers get new stock.I look
at researchers as a product of our educational system. If we can't trust
them then we need to do a better job at the process of there
education.When you are at the edge of dicovery and walking in unknown
territory , you take educated chances. If you don't, you don't go forward.
 In my own life I took chances and I did things with my people that
others were afraid to do.We had a tight team and the results were
positive and we had fun in the process.If I was given a negative person,
I would take them on a walk and we would discuss newtons 3rd. law.What
was going to fall on his head was not an apple.Then I would look for
every positive thing that the person would do and pat them on the back
for it. Positive reinforcement and I have seen some wonderful changes and
I have had two failures. We don't need to bat around the 10% which we
will always have. They should be done one on one.
  We need every positive step foreward that we can get.I would love to
see no chemicals u sed in the hives for the mite. It will come , but it
is not around the corner. We need the public to know the truth about the
mite problem. This could turn into a bigger problem if we don't get
together and support each other.This puts us to the test. Many beekeepers
have gone under and will not start back up again. I don't want us to
loose any more beekeepers.
 Best Regards
 Roy