From:
Scott Fairing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 09:08:49 -0700
On Sun, 24 May 1998 21:43:29 -5000 David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

<Snip>
Joel, recently asked if anyone else has such a strange spring. We do. In
all the years keeping bees I've never seen anything like it.  <Snip>
Anyone know the rain dance??

I think that I know the rain dance to well!!
1 May installed 2 packages of bees. Sunny day high 62 F.
2 May released queens. Partly cloudy day high 60 F.
7 May checked hives, everything looking good. Partly sunny high 59 F.
19May checked hives, everything looking good. Partly sunny high 60 F.

Have not had  day with sunshine for more than 20 minutes except for those
listed above. 5+ inches of rain so far in month of May. Forecast, cloudy
with rain every day through Friday, highest daytime temp. 62 F.

Bees are out flying in rain for some part of the days average 5 days a
week and not out at all two days. Great year to start keeping bees.

Want to trade a little?

In HIS Service

Robert (Scott) Fairing
490 NW 4th Ave
Canby, OR 97013
1-888-736-5322 (Fridays only please)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]