From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2017 02:43:18 -0300
cause of the wildfires we have different offers to help. On of those is
from an artisal brewers association that wants to donate their excess
yeast. Is not big amount and I should say NO but here I am studying how to
use it to feed the bees.

There is a thread at beesource that says the yeast is inactivated at 120 F.
and gives a certain recipy to use it for the bees

10-30-2008, 11:30 PM
The heating of the brewers yeast was the key. After heating and cooling I
was able to mix with sugar and the other ingredients to make a nice thick
paste that I can now spoon into the hives.

The final formula goes as such:

3 lbs of sugar
3/4 cup of liquid (de-activated) brewers yeast
Thyme Oil, Spearmint Oil, Lemongrass Oil and water - 1/4 cup
Crisco - 1 Table spoon

This will make a little over 6 1/2 lb patties.

I read that there is a way with organic acids to inactivate but can't
arrive to a given formulae
http://www.feedipedia.org/node/72
References are books unavailable for me.

Anyone have tried successfully to use this brewer slurry as bees feed?

Should I heat or chemically kill the yeast?