From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:07:25 -0800
--- On Mon, 12/5/11, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Dee has said ( from memory) she tries to limit drone brood
 to 10%. I would guess 10% would be the upper limit for my production hives. am sure many on the list welcome drone brood but I cull hell out of
 drone brood for several reasons I consider sound .

reply:
Right on Bob, for all early books and papers written like by C.P. Dadant for example say in Nature bees draw out about 85% worker comb and only 10-15% drone size.............unless you look today and see other, so what has man after no long now trained them to do? and is it good?.......Nope!..dont think so, so keep culling those drones Bob. YOu are right on!

Dee