From:
Richard Yarnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:05:17 -0800
Regarding storage: plastic film of all kinds will pass gas at some rate.
For example, "Storage Bags" are far more permeable than "Freezer Bags."
Even the rigid plastic containers, including food grade 4 and 5 gallon
pails you can now buy, will exchange some gas.

For that reason, we put things we want to store long term, in glass jars.
It's worth the investment in gallon jars with screw type lids.  We paint
the outside of those we use for material which degrades in light.  Why
glass instead of cans?  Cans rust, rarely seal as well as glass jars, and
can be thoroughly cleaned and reused for something else.

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Ruary Rudd wrote:

> [...]

Richard Yarnell, SHAMBLES WORKSHOPS | No gimmick we try, no "scientific"
Beavercreek, OR. Makers of fine     | fix we attempt, will save our planet
Wooden Canoes, The Stack(R) urban   | until we reduce the population. Let's
composter, fly tying benches        | leave our kids a decent place to live.