From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:52:49 -0500
Hello All,
I have started looking into the Beekeeper/mandarin orange issue. I have
spoke with a couple of the California beekeepers involved.

I would appreciate any information California beekeepers could provide.

Please email direct to me if possible as the case will most likely end up in
a court battle.

However California beekeepers I have spoke with seem to be leaning toward
bowing down to the big money of Paramount and its billionaire owner. I was
told he runs the second largest farming operation in the U.S. by those
beekeepers.

A member of my family is a high profile LA lawyer and another family member
heads a legal team for a fortune 500 company. Both say the beekeepers have a
chance of winning in court but say winning against a billionaire in
California might be tough and costly should the beekeepers lose.

I have spoke with David Barnes (Florida apiary inspection service) and it
seems Florida beekeepers are facing similar problems. Loss of prime orange
blossom Honey locations will hurt beekeepers and the industry.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri