From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:12:14 -0800
Bill said:
> If you look back in the archives, this is a common thread- I do this
> thing and it works but BTW I do this too. Generally it is the latter
> that is the reason it works.

In interviewing beeks that are claiming success with various methods, I find
this to be true.
Many who claim that such and such is controlling mites, answer, upon further
probing, that they are also using additional proven treatments, which they
had not taken into account.

Non scientists (and some scientists) often set up trials with too many
variables, then interpret the results to support their favorite claim.
Testing one variable at a time is slow and tedious, and you may lose
colonies.  But it gives clear results.

Randy Oliver