From:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:40:18 -0600
<What's the buzz? Farmers worried about bees
By CHRISTINE SOUZA/Assistant Editor, Ag Alert>

<The annual pollination ritual between honeybee and almond tree results in the production of nearly 1 billion pounds of almonds annually - a value of $2.2 million for the state's growers who maintain approximately 550,000 bearing acres of almonds.>

Thanks for the info on the articles Aaron.
They just never get it right, do they?
I wonder how the almond growers make it renting two hives per acre for
$ 150.00 and then selling almonds yielding $ 4.00 per acre.  Does that figure out to 2.2 Cents per pound or 22 cents per pound?  I think it's 2.2 cents per pound.  They better start planting corn.  It's at record levels,....... almost, and sells for almost 7 cents a pound.  Ain't agriculture great?

Tim Tucker