Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:47:04 -0400
> I vacuumed 50 bees from every colony, pooled them and
>> ground up.  This was not intended to be a treatment...
>>

> Strictly speaking anything we do is a treatment.
>
> > The ensuing crash was entirely unexpected!

One of the many tricks I learned as an organic gardener was to capture
specific bugs, like squash beetles, ground them up, add a bit of water, let
sit for a day and then spray the liquid on the plants.

The intent was to let all the problems that any of them might have be
incorporated into the mix and spread the joy. That might have happened with
Randy's mix.

Did it work? I was never quite sure but it did give the gardener a great
deal of satisfaction.

Since then I just squash (pun) them on the plant and let their bodies RIP
(rot in place). And I do it with my bare fingers, just like Arnold
Schwarzenegger would (in Terminator I, not  the later ones).

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine