From:
Chris Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:39:06 +1100
At 12:07 PM 25/09/96 EDT, you wrote:

> SUBJECT:  IBUPROFEN
>                       REPRINTED FROM:
>                         APRIL, 1993
> The following ...... is taken from the book "Under-
> standing Prescription Drugs", by Dorthy L. Smith, Pharm D.,
> pp. 270 and 271; Reference: British Medical Journal 292:378,
> 1986.
>                      DID YOU KNOW THAT?

The rest of the article quotes 2 anecdotes about beekeepers who had
developed good tolerance for stings becoming very sensitive to stings after
taking some "new fangled" drugs.

The article warns beekeepers to be careful until more is known about the
subject.

The original article quoted is 10 years old.  Has there been any more
research on this topic in the last 10 years?

There has been quite a bit of discussion on this topic lately.  A lot of it
appears to come from people like myself with very little (no?) understanding
of pharmacology.  Consequently I am not sure how much confidence I should
put on these contributions.

It would help if subscribers could find/quote some authoritative and up to
date research on this point.

I am in the software industry and cannot help in this direction.  I have
seen contributions from people in medicine.  There are probably several
subscribers with connections in medical research. If you are one of these
people, please dig around and see what you can find.

I am editor for our association's new letter and would very much like to
publish something on this topic but I need to find something that is
"officially recognized".
Regards

Chris Allen