From:
"Paul Cronshaw, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 23:02:27 -0700
Thaks to all the helpful solutions to my mean Hive X problem.  Since the
big summer honey flow has started in the Santa Barbara area, and since this
hive promises to collect the most honey this season (don't all aggressive
hives have good production numbers),  I am going to let this hive work its
magic and then try the method as suggested by Betty McAdam. I will use one
of the screen divider boards with have openings for several entrances,
including a 45 degree one.

I have several nucs with queens of known gentle nature waiting to be used
for just this purpose.  However, I have learned from previous experience
that when a nuc is placed in the old hive location, you need to cage the
new queen for a few days because the overhelming effect of foreign field
bees can kill a queen.

Paul Cronshaw DC
Santa Barbara CA USA

******