From:
tjillett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:06:19 -0800
Hello all,

I've come across some small styrofoam boxes that I thought might make
good mini-nucs if fitted with three mini frames, a feed container, and
entrance, etc.  The thought that comes to mind though, is will the bees
chew right through the styrofoam.  It's a very dense styrofoam used in
packing glass containers and the bees would only be in them long enough
to get a virgin queen mated and laying.  Another thing that comes to
mind are fumes from the styrofoam (which I cannot detect).

Any comments or experiences on the use of styrofoam would be
appreciated.

Tom