From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:22:48 -0800
Well, then Jerry, any way to keep seperate records or columns on Aussie bees from American ones, and on strengths/how they hold up or have held up, when added for combos/redoing dead outs?

Like, could you make a column of its own, with each category of colonies, which is a mixture of old weake American colonies with Aussie packages added, just Aussie restarted deadouts, and just American honeybees, etc.

My guess is that combined colonies may do a little better than pure Aussie packages, unless the "mother" American colony left it is combined with,is very diseased and, because the Aussie package bees have never met the mite before and have to go through a first hit. THus I think they will suffer more losses if by themselves and not combined. Then combined to healthy colonies, or say questionable/possible disease weak colonies. Would be interesting to see the investigation results you doing,... But being me, would also like to see some breakout columns if possible concerning the bees to and how they responding due to imports and how combined.

Dee A. Lusby