From:
T'N'T Apiaries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:31:28 -0700
Morning Ted et al:

Unfortunately I haven't found any material that mice can't traverse for a
short distance except smooth glass.  Masonite, Formica,  plastic, it doesn't
seem to matter.  Going this route I think you would required to construct a
box with a close fitting lid.  You know, with a little sign; "Please Lift
Cover High Enough While Making Your Honey Selection To Allow Black Rice To
Fall To Back Of Cabinet".

Have you access to power?  These electronic mouse scare gadgets on the
market apparently work well.  They're used extensively in warehouses,
resturants.  They emit a sonic stream that supposedly only annoys mouse/rats
so if you don't a many lawyers for clients.... I suppose it might also be
noted that the US Postal Service has apparently used these for
years......hmmm,  next idea.

Some farmers at coffee a while back were talking about some new crystals on
the market.  They apparently repell mice quite well out of the cabs of
trucks and tractors, cabinets, etc.  You just replace them every few months.
I don't know how they would work in an open area like a Market, but they are
available at Home Hardwares.  I was unable to find a name for you last
night, but if you are unable to locate them get back to me off the list.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB