From:
Debbie Hutchings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:25:12 -0400
>Maybe I could have two drone frames and rotate them each time, that
>way I could kill the mites by starvation?  I would still continue with
>conventional treatments..Fall & Spring

Thank You Adony for your letter!

What I ment by having two frames of drone brood and then rotating them was
just an idea I had about how I could kill the varroa in the drone cells
without using chemicals.  I would just put one frame in, wait till the
drones were capprd over, then take that frame out and put the other in.  I
would clean the drones out of the cells and then by the time the other
frame was ready to come out, any remaining varroa would have starved to
death then insuring me that the frame was safe to use again.

But I like your idea of frozen varroa popcicles better.

What I'm saying about conventional treatments is that I would still
continue using apistan and formic acid, spring and fall.

Regards
Debbie from Canada