From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:42:40 EST
In a message dated 3/23/99 7:07:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I found the  ECHO Model # PB 2100 for about $130.00. This blower works
>  great, is light weight and has a two stroke motor. This makes blowing bees
>  out of supers quick and easy.

   I keep a small generator on the bee truck all the time. Then I can use a
small electric bee blower, which has plenty of power. This puts the noise of
the engine a little farther away, and I don't have to put up with the annoying
stink of the repellant either.

   I've always got a couple hives (nucs) around the honey house. As I unload
the truck, if I notice a super still has quite a few bees in it. I blow them
out, right in front of the honey house bees.

    I can also use an electric string trimmer, power saw, drill, and other
tools. When my truck battery was tired and the motor wouldn't turn over, I put
the charger on it for a few minutes, started up, and got out. What I need is a
good waterproof tool box. The space behind the seat is not enough!

[log in to unmask]     Dave Green  Hemingway, SC  USA
The Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html
The Pollination Home Page:    http://www.pollinator.com

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop    (Varietal Honeys and Beeswax Candles)
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm