From:
Ernest Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 19:31:07 PDT
Hello George,and Gang,

I have read your (George Imirie's) "Cake and eat it too,"
(both parts)
which deals with re-queening in the Spring.

In New Hampshire the Spring weather is
usually dismal. Cold, Rain, freezing rain, wind, Heavy
snow falls, then it gets hot. This is a normal
spring here in Canaan,NH.elevation 1100 feet.

I plan to re-queen in August around the 15th.
My queens are already ordered from Heitkam.
I'm trying some Carniolans. I have combined
four hives into two. One is very strong and was
started from nucs. The other is weak and was
started form packages of Italians but is doing OK.
The strong colony will easily supply enough
honey to over winter both. So Im not at all
worried about that.

My question to you is this.

How should I choreograph my activities regarding,

1. The re-queening,
2. The feeding of menthol,
3. Placing of Aspitan,
4. Feeding Terramicin.

Which should I do first and in which order should I do
the rest?

de AA1IK,              Time the accursed enemy of man,
                       cursed by youth for going to slow
Ernie Gregoire         and by the old for going to fast.

R.R. 1, Box 221,
South Rd.              Beekeeper
Canaan, NH. 03741      Fly fisher & tier,
                       Promise Keeper.

E-mail address: [log in to unmask]

packet address: [log in to unmask]

08/02/98 19:31:08