From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:48:16 -0600
The Weaver selective breeding program has an enthusiastic following. But Danny Weaver is just one small company. Where are the other breeders in the industry?

IF it was successful; others would have quickly followed,  not the case

I strongly disagree with Tom Rinderer. The AHB's resistance to varroa virus syndrome is what keeps people seeking after such strains.

There are a lot of beeks that would completely disagree with the above statement.

In the past AHB traits have hidden the issues more than other bees,  but I have seen things that make me doubt its really much more than illusionary.   Rapid swarmy aggressive bees that nobody wants to or does tend to is not necessarily a resistant population.

Some  have mentioned areas that have been successful,  but we still need to "define" success and verify  to our definition.

AHB  has not yet fit any definition I would accept,  even the meanest weaver queens died from mites in a season.

Charles