From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:21:14 -0400
here's a big difference - one method allows one's honey to remain
antibiotic-free, and thereby, allows one to remain in the business of
selling food fit for human consumption.  The other method does not.

You have to  be joking! Do you think that honey from hives that have been treated with antibiotics is unfit for human consumption? In what parallel universe? I heard someone say once that the amount of antibiotic in honey was so small that you would have to eat a semi-truckload of it to get one 250 mg dose. Which, by the way, wouldn't cure anything, you have to take it for at least a week. Considering most people eat honey by the spoonful, I doubt we should worry much about that. Compared the the amount we pick up from meat, dairy and other foods, it is laughable. By the way, there is no evidence that these substances are substantially affected human health. People are living longer than ever before, and are healthier as a rule. Sure, there is some evidence that obesity may be related to imbalance in gut microbiota, and antibiotics could definitely be a factor. But not antibiotics from honey.

Pete