From:
Madeleine Pym <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:00:57 -0000
Hi Chris,

My son was prescribed Apis by a homeopath for bee stings but as he never got
another sting he never got to try it out. It was supposedly to help immunise
him against the stings (he'd had an anaphylactic shock at age 17 and gave up
on the bees). He did have adrenaline, etc. as well just in case, but it
seemed worth the two or three quid for the remedies to give it a try. He
took a course of them and then we were advised to keep them to hand in case
of a sting. Which reminds me I should dig them out and try them this year.
As I say he has never been stung since so we still don't know whether he is
as sensitive now as he was at that time.

As an aside, when I asked what they use if for apart from stings I was told
it was given as a remedy for jealousy. The particularly venomous sort that
makes you want to give someone a good sting I guess.
Have you been feeling particularly relaxed and laid back since your course
of treatment one wonders?

Madeleine