Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:05:35 -0400
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:00 PM, R.M. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I've been blessed to have a mentor that has been working bees for over 50
> years and has a commercial operation of over 2,000 hives.
> http://www.gahoney.com/  He has been out to inspect my hives about four
> times this year, the most recent visit about a week ago.

My suggestion is to listen to him since he is local, experienced and  has
given you a clean bill of health. One problem with this list is we are all
in different locations and have different environmental issues in our areas.
All beekeeping is local.

What you are doing is what you should be doing, which is rely on a local
expert, read as much as you can, and, after some time, try out things that
might be suggested, but recognize that the colony might be lost.

Also recognize that your hobby is addictive, especially when you start
splitting colonies and mathematics crowds out reason.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine