Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 22:03:21 -0500
>  I'm not getting the wrong idea Allen.

>I still think if you can winter doubles successfully, you can winter two
>story double nucs.

That was never the question, since I have done it and so have others, and
have considered doing it again.

What I challenged you on -- I thought -- was whether a beekeeper in Alberta
could  count on multiplying hives by ten reliably.

My experience is that achieving even five from one, counting the survivors the
following spring, not the immediate results in fall, is more than an  Alberta
beekeeper in our region can reliably expect, except in an exceptional year.