Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:20:24 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen Oland" <[log in to unmask]> wrote about buckwheat:

> I'm thinking of planting as a cover crop and late honey source (timing for
> late august).  How large an area would be needed to be useful?

It would depend on how many hives you are using, what else is available for
them to work during that time and how dominate you want the buckwheat flavor
to be, how much land you have available for planting, and if you will need
to irrigate the crop during Aug. or not.

Experiment...  :-)

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA