Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 11:23:03 -0400
Dennis wrote:

> Perhaps the pertinent thing when considering extractor speed would be rim speed.   I know that 200 to 300 RPM's top speed workes with a 32 frame, 36 inch diameter machine.
>
> Anyone out there know the proper way to calculate centrifical force?
>
> Dennis Morefield
> Sideline Beekeeper,  100 colonies(at times!), Oregon, USA

Really what you are computing is the Centripetal Force or the force
inward on an object moving in a circle.  The force that is keeping the
frames going in a circle and not flying through the wall of the
extractor.
F=ma..... Force = mass X acceration.
Ac=Vsquared over r....Centripital acceleration = the velocity squared
divided by the radius.

Boy ..... that stirred up some cobb webs from the past,  and an old text
buu also!