Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:54:28 GMT
-- James Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Where was this said?

maryann frazier, march 8, worcester county beeclub in massachusetts.  a video is available at our website:
http://www.BeeUntoOthers.com/

>...this is the first I've heard of pollen traps being installed
on colonies as a part of the effort.

the video has been available since march 10.

>I think that something was garbled by the writer to give you
the impression that "trapped pollen" was contaminated.

this was not written information, it was part of a presentation.  i found the claim so shocking, that i did raise my hand and clarify what the speaker was saying.  fwiw, it's all available on the video..the first 30min is mostly about the makeup of the ccd effort.

>If trapped pollen had even trace readings of miticides, something
would be very wrong with either the bees or the blooms being
foraged.  Either scenario is hard to even grasp, let alone accept.

well, i encourage you to watch the video and decide for yourself what was claimed.  i agree that miticides in trapped pollen indicate something very wrong.

deknow