Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:26:04 GMT
>> The recent medical controversy over whether vaccinations cause autism reveals a habit
of human cognition -- thinking anecdotally comes naturally, whereas thinking scientifically
does not.

The controversy about the vaccine-autism link exists precisely because there have not been official scientific studies.  Performing peer-reviewed studies on the safety of vaccines would put into jeopardy the basis for mass vaccinations.   One can't not dismiss that there is a vulnerable segment of children.  Dr Bernardine Healy former director of the National Institue of Health (NIH) thinks so.  See her interview at:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/12/cbsnews_investigates/main4086809.shtml?source=search_story

Dr. Kinsbourne, whose CV is quite impressive, sees a plausible link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/Kinsbourne_Final_Report_April_2008.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody

My point is the following - and it eaqually applies to honey bee and human topics - in the situation where science is lacking or it is flawed, one has no other option but to follow one's observations or the observations of others until objective science becomes available.

Waldemar