Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 10:05:25 -0800
>>> I use ...... wedge wooden frames with j hook wax foundation. I like to wire my frames so new frames are put together in the winter and wired, I insert wax closer to when I need them.    >>> .....  here meduims are so popular with hobbyist I am going to set some hives set up in mediums so I can have med. nucs next year to sell.

I like all mediums because of the weight of full deep supers.  With all medium (Illinois) supers I have complete interchangeability.  I like the grooved side bars provided by Kelley and the waxed plastic foundation from Rossman Apiaries.  The plastic based foundation in the grooved side bars means I don't have to worry about blowouts when extracting frames of honey in new comb.  I have found the foundation from Rossman fits exactly in the grooved frames from Kelley (But, I have to install the foundation before I complete the construction of the frame by adding the bottom bar.  You "CANNOT" install the foundation if you put the frame together completely.  The foundation won't contort enough to get it into the frame.)

Mike in LA