From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:19:57 -0700
Good Morning:

I have a favor to request of my Bee-List friends.  I'm sending Scott
Debnam, a student who has worked with us for 4 years, to represent us at
ABRC in Baton Rouge and ABF in Louisville.  Due to the conflict in dates,
I'm going to be at AHPA.  This is Scott's first trip to national meetings.

Scott is at a pivotal point in his career-- he's either going on to
Graduate School, or into the private sector.  He loves bees (call's them
his girls).  Initially, he wanted to go on to be a wildlife
veterinarian.  Now, he's considering other options - i.s., stay in the bee
world.

He'll be presenting a short video in the commericial beekeepers breakout
section at ABF, and doing some testing with Jeff Harris at Baton
Rouge.  Easy to identify, bit older than our typical student,
body-builder  (like Samson, he wears his hair long), southern accent,
upbeat personality.

He's eager to meet beekeepers and bee researchers, learn anything he can
about bees, varroa, education and bee-related job opportunities.

I'm asking my friends and colleagues to introduce yourselves, get to know
him a bit.

He could go on in a graduate program here, but he'd be far better off
broadening his experience, either in a graduate program at another school
or by working in the bee industry.

Being selfish, we'd keep him here; but .... he'd benefit more by expanding
his knowledge and experience.  He can always come back to us.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Jerry

J.J. Bromenshenk
Research Professor