From:
Dennis Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:07:07 -0500
In a message dated 97-03-18 11:49:04 EST, [log in to unmask] (Steve
Pearce) writes:

<<
 This may be a very long shot, but here goes, I think we need lateral
thinking (apologies)

 Now, has anybody tried to dump a particle which of a similar size and shape
to a Varroa on the
 bees, would this entice them to clean off all the particles, including the
mites in the process,
 maybe it could be slightly sticky. Presumably bees groom eachother,
especially when the
 contamination is severe, such as wen flour is shaken on the bees etc.

 If an "artificial mite" was produced which was inert, or made of food grade
plastic then there
 would be no chemical problems with food production etc.

 Have I been staring into this screen too long ?

 Steve Pearce

              Nope
              This is how things are discovered, nothing ventured, nothing
gained. Most things that are fixed or improved are done through serendipity
or persistence. Good luck, maybe you have the fix.