From:
Lennard Pisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:45:44 +0000
I suspect that compounds will end up in the hive but my main question is does it matter? Are there people who have seen deleterious effects of soil contamination which could be set apart from the influence of PAKs/heavy metals/pesticides that are also in the environment of traditional urban areas?.

Asking around or placing adds for another location is not an option. I have asked around and got no 9 out of 10 times. This place is 600 yards from my home, about 5 miles from my main apiary , a perfect place for old queens not to loose foragers. The flora around the place is perfect, outskirts of an older city. I guess I put a few tester hives there and watch them closely for abnormalities.