Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:42:14 -0500
We are in our last year of a USDA funded project to use colony sounds as an
 indicator of disease, pests, pesticide exposure, queen status, etc.
Swarming is  possible - question is - how far ahead?

We need more processing power than in most phones and PDAs have - our
multi-variable signal processing is intensive, can be slow.  We've moved to
tablets and to our own proprietary chip.

Big problem is how fast operational systems and processors change and
forward compatability.  Fast as we develop an app, the whole thing  changes.
Reason we're now working on our own hand-held device, plus tablet  format.

Jerry

In a message dated 12/24/2011 9:32:53 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,