From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 18:53:04 -0600
Howdy -

I was just sitting out on the back porch watching some bees work a
couple of frames that had been extracted yesterday where I cut the comb
out to replace it and set them out to have the honey cleaned off before
I work with them.

I noticed one bee that had what looked like a whitish pollen basket on
each leg.  As I got a closer look, it looked more like bits of wax than
pollen. I know bees will chew wax and move it around in the hive but
this is the first time I've seen it loaded up on the basket.
I'm wondering if anyone can confirm what I just saw as being that.

Regards.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey