From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 19:04:20 EST
   This last summer, I caught a swarm almost like that.  I started with a
plastic bucket with a little honey in it on a rope, and got a few which I
poured into a hive body.  My daughter suggested tying the hive body
itself on the rope and pulling it up under the swarm.  It worked slick!
In five minutes they all walked down the rope a few inches into the hive
body!  Voila!  New colony, just like that!  I used some old combs that
had no brood in them, but would use a brood frame in there next time.
Neat idea!

Gerry Visel