Date:
Sun, 6 May 2018 09:43:33 -0400
> Beekeepers have also argued that we need to support landowners. Since landowners need neonics, we should not criticize their use. I agree there is nothing wrong with wanting to see your neighbours get ahead in life and we have all benefited from this noble human trait. But there comes a point in any debate when we are morally obligated to voice an opinion.

I think the first sentence is correct, but not the second. By supporting a farmer's right to farm, we are not compelled to look the other way. The alternative is a dialog where each puts their concerns on the table and tries to reach a compromise position based on the needs of each and the goal of a mutually beneficial solution.

When the beekeeper is a guest, they have to respect the owners priorities. If the beekeeper is paid to pollinate, they do have some leverage. If the issue is the quality of the environment, then everyone should have a voice. Unfortunately, any concerns that we may have for the environment may require a change in leadership at the EPA, since it's currently rolling back decades of progress.

Pete B