From:
Glen Glater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:11:23 -0400
For those interested, here is the text of the regulation for Natick, MA,
that I had faxed to me today.

Chapter VI

Horses, Cows, Goats, Swine, and Poultry

Chaper VI, Section 1 and 2, of the Health Regulations adopted May 14th,
1946 are hereby amended to read as follows:

Section 1:

No person shall keep within the limits of this Town, in any building or
on any premises of which he may be the owner, lessee, tenant, or
occupant, any horses, cows, goats, fowls, pigeons, sheep, bees, or
swine, without a permit from the Board of Health.  All such permits
expire annually on April 30th and may be revoked at any tme for cause."

(Section 2 talks about keeping the stable clean...)

Sect. 1-2 adopted on Jan. 17, 1950.  Published Jan. 19, 1950

Process now is to apply, then go before a meeting of the Board of
Health, state my case, let the abuttors state their cases, and then the
board decides.   I'm going to try to lobby my allies in the neighborhood
to show up to say good things, and maybe we can overwhelm the
nay-sayers.  In the meantime, I hope to have confirmation of a new
location for my girls any day now, just in case.

--glen