From:
Lawrence Kellogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 08:47:00 EST
To be read only by abecedarians (S Pennsylvania; Maryland,
District of Columbia and N Virginia).

  I guess I'm one of those....

>3. I normally use only nine-frame shallow supers (with
>Stoller spacers), three per hive, but for my strongest colony
>that has two Ross-Round supers on for circular comb-honey
>production.  Note that I do no "bottom supering" (placing
>only one super per hive and when it is partly filled, lifting
>it and putting an MT super beneath it and so on ad
>infinitum--both unnecessary and too labor-intensive, in my
>experience).

  Yep, I have my supers on the hives. I was wondering if it was a
good idea to put the Ross Round supers on now or wait until
things get cooking a little? I haven't done any comb honey
before so when is the best time? I thought the idea was
to put them on during the heaviest part of the flow so that
they draw and cap it quickly. That way you can remove it before
it gets travel stained.

Larry Kellogg
Silver Spring, MD